Oklahoma Agricultural Experiment Station
Field and Research Service Unit
The Field and Research Service Unit (FRSU) serves as the back bone for more than 1,000 statewide field- and lab-based research trials annually. Our unit consists of 18 outlying research stations, the Controlled Environmental Research Lab, the Ridge Road Greenhouse Phase I and Phase II, the Noble Research Center and the Stored Products Research and Education Center.
FRSU support includes an electronics support shop for lab equipment located in the Noble Research Center, a fleet of 90 vehicles and a fully staffed mechanic shop, a project management group for capital improvements and repairs, and a staff of 70 full-time and 30 part-time employees statewide.
The FRSU provides a central focus for station operations and management with the goal to improve overall efficiency by providing a systematic means for budget management, facility upgrades, consolidation of labor pools, maintenance and repair of equipment and buildings and other infrastructural needs.
If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to contact us.
Experiment Station Locations
Click on the name of a unit to view that unit's webpage or click here to view a larger version of the state map.
- Agronomy Research Station - Stillwater (1A)
- Botanic Gardens / Turf Center - Stillwater (1)
- Caddo Research Station - Ft. Cobb (8B)
- Cimarron Valley Research Station - Perkins (7)
- Controlled Environmental Research Lab - Stillwater (1)
- Eastern Research Station - Haskell (6)
- Entomology & Plant Pathology Farm - Stillwater (1)
- Kiamichi Forestry Research Station - Idabel (12)
- Lindley Research and Demonstration Farm - Valliant (14)
- Marvin Klemme Range Research Station - Bessie (4)
- North Central Research Station - Lahoma (5)
- Oklahoma Panhandle Research and Extension Center - Goodwell (2)
- Oklahoma Vegetable Research Station - Bixby (11)
- OSU Range Research Station - Stillwater (1B)
- Sandyland Research Station - Mangum (9B)
- South Central Research Station - Chickasha (8A)
- Southwest Agronomy Research Station - Tipton (9C)
- Southwest Research and Extension Center - Altus (9A)
- Stored Products Research & Education Center - Stillwater (1)
- Wes Watkins Research and Extension Center - Lane (10)
Peach Picking Starts Monday July 6th
Cimarron Valley Research Station will be open for u-pick peaches starting Monday, July 6th. We will be open on Mondays, Wednesdays, and Fridays from 8:00 am until 12:00 noon. Peaches will be $25 per half-bushel. Checks and Credit card only NO cash. Redhavens should be ready to pick.
Please call the station at 405-547-2672 or check our Facebook page at Cimarron Valley Research Station for updates on ripening and picking times.
For Field and Research Station news, highlights, project updates, and events, see the latest issue of our newsletter.
If you would like to request a space allocation at one of our facilities, please complete the OAES Field and Research Service Unit Plot/Space Request Form and return it to the respective station superintendent.